
With the kids off track, having the kids going stir crazy with this heat (and no yard to play in yet, sadly to say), and money so very tight this summer, options for fun are more limited than they have been in the past. I have become an expert at cheap but fun things to do with the kids.
I LOVE IKEA!! Where else in the valley can you go for a super cheap lunch (kids meals .99 to $1.99; and I can get a huge bowl of pasta for $1.99!!). Last week we went to IKEA, and ended up spending 2 hours there! The kids and I played a game where we pretended that we lived in NYC and were looking for furniture for our NYC apartments. The kids had an absolute blast choosing what "apartments" were theirs. They didn't fight, scream, or tear each others hair out...at all...the whole time!! I was so proud of them! 2 days after shopping for our "NYC apartments", the kids wanted to go back to play the same game!! This time, after touring the top floor, I wanted to tour the bottom level and so I put them in the daycare play area. They had such a blast...that's all they've been talking about for days! They are begging me to go back again, and soon! Free entertainment, and I get to tour IKEA with just Ava in the stroller! What can I say...I heart IKEA!!
Hello...
2 years ago







2 comments:
IKEA is a wonderland! We always made special trips to IKEA when we traveled to city's they lived in... and now that i've moved away (no IKEA in NZ) I see the SLC IKEA is thriving. well, all for the best- even though IKEA is inexpensive, it isn't in the long run - it's like costco where you can't leave without spending at least $100! SO MUCH CUTE STUFF!
That's awesome! Anywhere that kids love for that price has to be a frequented place. gotta love the kids as they grow up!
Post a Comment