Friday, June 27, 2008

Ava's 1st birthday!







For Ava's 1st birthday party, I decided to stray from the type of party that I would normally throw for my little baby (something that would most likely have to do with princesses, sparkly things, and a LOT of pink!). Since it's summer, we gave her a Hawaiin Luau. We decorated the house with lots of Hawaiin decorations and balloons, and I made her a "flip flops" cake (Matti and A, aren't you so proud of me?!?!?!) We invited the whole family, and served Hawaiin Haystacks, tons of fruit, tropical slushies with fancy straws and umbrellas and of course, Famous Dave's baked beans (which is a MUST at every party). The best times were when Ava lathered herself with her cake. Good times!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all Ava is adorable!!! Second you are a wonderful Mother and I want to be like you!!!

A said...

WOW! a year?! well, it sounds like I missed quite a fun party! What can I say- I've been busy having my own island themed party! It would be better if you were here to do the moon walk with me and your famous 4am dolphin dance!

maxfamclan said...

what a year+ you have had! You are always a shining example of how to get through each day and each trial. I admire you and your adorable family. You are doing great things...every day. I hope you still get to get off weekends sometime soon...kind of (I would miss you A TON!)