Monday, June 23, 2008

The lazy days of summer!





I just love summer! It's virtually the only time of year that I don't drown myself and my family with over-scheduling and time constraints. On summer days our activities are filled with spontaneity and I don't apply the typical "rush" that seems to accompany activites during other times of the year. My days off are so precious to me because I get to hang out with my kids all day long. Our neighborhood is so awesome because we have probably 10 parks within a 2 mile radius, which makes it so convenient to just head to the park anytime we want. We also have a splash pad down the street that the kids love to go to pretty much every day. It's relaxing for me because I get to sit in the shade, read a book, and just watch the kids have a blast. It's also a great hang-out for moms who are looking to get together with other moms and have a picnic. These days will go by all too quickly. I hope I can help the kids have a great summer before they have to head back to school next month.

4 comments:

Adrianne said...

sounds like you guys are having a great time! enjoy just being the mom! P.S. just checked out your cute pics from Corinne's picture party! Oh my- super cute!!

Shannon said...

How Fun! When can we come up and meet you all at your splash pad?
Shannon

Kait said...

Steph your little tadpoles are so cute!

Heather said...

Steph, I lvoed reading about getting your little Ava here. You could be a writer--you are seriously talented at expressing yourself and your feelings in words!