Monday, August 25, 2008

The Junior High Jungle






Sadie started JR. High today. She was so excited; she has been counting down the days all summer. She worked really hard at babysitting all summer so she could buy herself some new clothes. She has talked about her future days in Jr. High...pretty much nonstop.

You remember those JR. High days....some were great, and some were quite rough. Whatever the case, I vowed I would never in a million years do it again...so how could I release my daughter into a world that I could never live in again??

Here are some pictures of me releasing Sadie into the Jr. High Jungle. She's a great kid; much more mature and aware of things than I was at her age. What an emotional experience for me, standing back and watching my daughter walk to her school. Standing WAY back because she didn't want me to get any closer to the school because she was so embarrassed of me taking a million pictures of her.

Every kid has to grow up, and I know Sadie will do well because she has the ability to surround herself with good friends and is very confident in herself. It's just weird for me because I feel like just yesterday she was in diapers, and now she's in Aeropostale jeans. Where has the time gone?

4 comments:

Tonii said...

Oh man, I love Sadie!! Junior High is so rough, but you are right Sadie will do great! She has so much confidence and spunk, and hello, a great mom! :)

Adrianne said...

She is so cute- My Jr High days were not so kind. She is darling and confident- Of course she will do great!

Sandie said...

It still amazes me that you have a kid in jr. high! Didn't you just turn 26 last year? Anyway, Sadie will do amazing. She has a great role model!!!

Shannon said...

Ask Sadie if she knows a Kaylee Rees at her school. She goes there and is Emma's cousin!
Shannon